60 Best Chicken Breast Recipes
Consider for a moment if the dreaded dinnertime conversation went like this: “what’s for dinner?” “Chicken breast.” “Chicken breasts for dinner? YAY!!!”. Well, we’ve rounded up our 60 best chicken breast recipes, all of which are pretty easy, and super delicious. Let’s dive in! Here are 60—yeah, that’s 6-0 easy chicken recipes—ideas for how to cook chicken breast that are anything but boring!
Chicken Breast Basics: How To Cook Chicken Breast Simply and Perfectly
- Marry Me Chicken (cover photo). Creamy, tomato and herbed chicken with a sprinkle of fiery heat.
- Perfectly Poached Chicken. Just what it sounds like—a simple, perfect way to poach plain, boneless, skinless chicken breasts. This go-to recipe is ideal for weekend meal prepping!
- Chicken Piccata. The one and only, classic Italian chicken piccata. Lemony, caper-y, buttery goodness.
- Creamy Tomato Chicken Skillet Dinner. An easy, cheesy chicken breast supper that’s as basic as they come.
- One-Pan Honey Mustard Chicken.Familiar flavors and a single skillet yield easy chicken dinner perfection.
- Indian Butter Chicken. Hailing from Delhi, butter chicken is an absolute classic—succulent chicken pieces are simmered in a creamy tomato sauce to make for a cozy meal that everyone will love.
Our Favorite Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
- Lemon Chicken. Garlic, herbs and lemon—plus a glug of white wine—mean that these juicy, tender chicken breasts are as delicious as they are healthy.
- Pesto Chicken Bruschetta. Chicken breasts are simply baked to perfection, topped with fresh mozzarella and juicy, garlicky fresh chopped tomatoes that’s basically everything you love about bruschetta, minus the bread
- Chicken Empanadas. Tender, juicy shredded chicken, onions, peppers and garlic make a hearty, savory filling for this easy empanada recipe. Pro tip: make a bunch and freeze some for later.
- Buffalo Chicken Bites. All of the spicy, vinegary, zingy flavor of Buffalo wings with none of the mess, OR the deep-frying—healthier, easier, and just as delicious, these chicken bites are a win-win-win.
- Greek Chicken Freezer Meal. A super lemony, herbal marinade is the key to making this simple chicken-and-potatoes freezer meal radiate bright, summery, sun-soaked flavors—even after months in the freezer.
- Chicken Shawarma Sheet Pan Dinner. Sheet pan dinners, to the rescue again! This time, we’ve tossed chicken breasts with classic shawarma spices to make a simple, healthy, flavorful chicken dinner.
- Roasted Salsa Verde Chicken Nachos. Nachos are a totally valid dinner option. FYI.
- Chicken Shawarma Nachos. See above. Nachos for dinner FTW.
Like A Hug, But Chicken: The Most Comforting Chicken Breast Recipes.
- Creamy Chicken Orzo. Kinda like risotto, but orzo—creamy, carby, chicken-y, this creamy chicken orzo is a cold weather day-saver.
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie. When did people stop making chicken pot pie? And, more importantly, WHY? Chicken pot pie is so, so good—particularly this one!
- Low-Carb Chicken Divan. This creamy chicken casserole is a childhood favorite of ours, and we’ve updated it for the new millennium with some low-carb swaps that mean we (and you) can indulge in it a little more often than we used to!
- Stuffed Chicken Breast. Stuffed with mozzarella cheese, pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, this straight-out-of-the-80s chicken breast is the melty comfort we crave.
- Thai Fried Rice with Basil. Fried rice is absolutely a comfort food in our homes. This lovely, simple Thai basil fried rice—loaded with chicken breast and savory rice—is a one-pan dinner that always hits the spot.
Tex-Mex Chicken Breast Recipes
- Green Chicken Enchiladas. Creamy, cheesy, and so very easy—these chicken enchiladas are slathered in tangy green enchilada sauce and are everything you’re craving today (and, let’s be honest, every day).
- Baked Chicken Quesadilla. Chicken quesadillas are the easiest and most delicious meal-for-a-crowd! Made with shredded chicken, sour cream and plenty of cheese, they are always a hit.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. Super-flavorful, these simplified chicken breast fajitas make a simple, trusty weeknight supper.
- Homemade Chicken Taquitos. Filled with taco-seasoned shredded chicken and melty mozzarella, our crispy, fried, homemade taquito recipe is deliciously party-ready.
- Simple Mole Chicken Enchiladas. A wildly easy, short-cut mole sauce recipe is the key to these quick chicken enchiladas.
- Chicken Fajitas.Crazy delicious chicken breast may sound like an oxymoron, but—thanks to a limey, pineapple-and-jalapeño marinade—these chicken fajitas are as delicious as it gets.
- Chicken Fajita Burrito Bowl. This chicken fajita bowl is one of our go-to weeknight meals. It’s healthy, easy, and balanced. Plus, it’s always a hit with the kids.
Chicken Soup Recipes For Every Soul and Every Mood
- Coconut Chicken Soup. At once simple, pungent, creamy and spicy—this creamy coconut chicken soup is our own riff on classic Thai Tom Kha Gai.
- White Bean Chicken Soup. Brightened with fresh dill, a squeeze of lemon juice and a little jalapeño, this garlicky chicken soup recipe is a fresh, modern take on classic chicken soup.
- Tortilla Soup. Warmly spiced and satisfying, chicken tortilla soup comes together fast.
- Chicken and Rice Soup. Fresh dill and lots of lemon juice bring brightness and vibrancy to this classic, easy, healthy chicken and rice soup recipe.
- Chicken Meatball and Vegetable Soup. Our Whole30-approved chicken meatball soup recipe is soothing, cozy and easy to make.
- Green Chicken Enchilada Soup. Enchilada soup is a budget-and-weeknight friendly marriage of two classic dishes, and we’re betting it’s destined to become a staple on your dinner table.
- Chicken Tikka Masala Soup. Yep, we dreamt up a soup recipe built around the iconic flavors of tikka masala. Yummmm.
- African Peanut Soup. Warming fresh ginger, jalapeño, cumin and plenty of garlic make a spicy base for this creamy, sweet-savory West African peanut soup recipe.
- Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup. The beloved sick day classic, made from scratch in no time.
- Five-Ingredient Chicken Tortilla Soup. In case our tortilla soup recipe isn’t quite quick enough for you, we’ve simplified it even more for the very busiest evenings.
- Green Chicken Chili. Salsa verde, canned white beans, and—one of our favorite flavor-giving ingredients—canned green chilis make this easy chicken soup a total breeze.
- Coconut Curry Soup with Chicken, Chickpeas and Hearty Greens. So filling and satisfying, it’s hard to believe that this chicken soup qualifies as health food—but we promise, it really, really does.
Let’s Get Takeout. Actually, These Chicken Breast Recipes Will Be Even Faster So Let’s Save Money and Be Healthier and Eat Sooner Instead.
- Chicken Chow Mein. Stir-fried noodles, studded with chicken and veggies, our chicken chow mein recipe makes your DIY Chinese takeout dreams come true.
- Kung Pow Chicken. Our Kung Pao chicken swaps in cashews for the traditional peanuts, and gets extra balance from some added veggies.
- Easy Orange Chicken. A healthy spin on the sweet-savory Chinese takeout favorite.
- Crispy Chicken Stir-Fry. A quick chicken stir-fry with blistered green beans and a garlicky sauce is perfect for a better-than-takeout weeknight dinner!
- No-Noodle Pad Thai. Low-and-no carb people, this one’s for you!
Hearty, Filling Chicken Salad Recipes
- Chicken Waldorf Salad. The retro classic, all gussied up for modern tastes.
- Curried Chicken Salad Salad. Yes, that’s right. Chicken salad on top of a green salad, therefore this is a salad salad.
- Thai Zoodle Salad. Tossed in a creamy, peanut dressing, this crunchy, colorful cold zoodle salad is quick, healthy and satisfying.
- Classic Cobb Salad. Just that! A classic Cobb, starring crispy chicken breast, bacon, avocado and all the goodies.
- Pesto Zoodle Salad. Pesto, chicken, zoodles and lots of fresh mozzarella—what’s not to love?
- Tortellini Pasta Salad. Tortellini in a pasta salad?!? Yeah, it felt like kind of a revelation to us, too.
- Grilled Curry Chicken Salad. A big green salad topped with a curry-spiced grilled chicken, goat cheese and a delicious punchy herb-filled vinaigrette is basically heaven on a platter.
- Southwest Cobb Salad. A smoky, grilled riff on classic Cobb! YUM.
Slow-Cooker + Chicken Breast = Easiest Chicken Dinner Ever.
- Slow-Cooker Butter Chicken. Put that slow-cooker to work! Almost any chicken recipe that needs a long simmer is a good fit for your slow-cooker, and butter chicken is no exception.
- Slow-Cooker Swimming Rama. A heaping serving of spinach topped with tender chicken and covered in a rich peanut sauce, swimming rama is a dish we return to again and again.
- Instant Pot Chicken Marinara with Polenta. (Recipe below) A FIVE INGREDIENT CHICKEN DINNER, including the polenta. What more do you need to know?
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Pumpkin Curry. Rich with coconut milk, chicken breast, crisp veggies, and fresh pumpkin—dinner is ready, set, DONE.
- Instant Pot White Bean Chicken Chili. A colorful mix of garlic, green chilies, and red bell pepper mingles with warming cumin and chili powder for a chicken chili even the pickiest eater will adore.
The Randos: Just Because These Chicken Recipes Don’t Fit Tidily Into A Category Doesn’t Make Them Any Less Delicious.
- Thai Chicken Pizza. We took two of our favorite takeout meals and combined them because, really, who could blame us?
- Chicken Teriyaki Bowl. Homemade teriyaki chicken breast sits atop a bed of steamed, seasoned rice, and creamy avocado in this healthy dinner.
- Quinoa Bowl. Chicken breast, avocado and black beans make a hearty, healthy topping for our super-nutritious quinoa bowl.
- Loaded Sweet Potato with Chipotle Cashew Cream. Loaded sweet potatoes are stuffed with sliced chicken, kale, avocado and cashew chipotle cream for dinner that answers the question “can healthy food be tasty?” solidly in the affirmative.
- Santa Fe Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Homemade chili-herb mayo oozing between crisp, warm bread and pepper Jack cheese melting its way into slices of juicy chicken breast—this warm chicken breast sandwich is just the best.