When Superfood Meets Comfort Food.
Plant-based comfort food can sound like an oxymoron, but this easy, slightly crispy cauliflower gnocchi with pesto is cozy, pan-fried perfection. One of our favorite things about Trader Joe’s frozen cauliflower gnocchi—aside from the fact that it’s low-carb, gluten-free, and Whole30-approved—is that you can cook it simply by pan-frying it. No defrosting or boiling necessary! (P.S. this isn’t a sponsored post, we just really like this stuff!)
Gnocchi with Pesto, Made Vegan!
Trader Joe’s vegan kale, cashew and basil pesto is so unbelievably delicious it gives our homemade (non-vegan) version a run for its money. And sometimes (like, when it’s not basil season where we live) we prefer store-bought pesto! Here’s how to make Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi with vegan pesto:
- Sauté the frozen cauliflower gnocchi—yes, you pan-fry it frozen!—and let it crisp up slightly and brown.
- Stir in the kale and walnuts and let the kale get a little wilty. We use baby kale here, so there’s no chopping needed!
- Pour in the pesto and you’re done!
Tools You’ll Need:
5 More Recipes with Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
All of these recipes use ingredients you can find at Trader Joe’s, and come together in about ten minutes.
- Cauliflower Gnocchi Zuppa Toscana
- Brown Butter Sage Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Mushroom Alfredo Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Vodka Sauce and Green Bean Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Cauliflower Gnocchi with Bruschetta Sauce and Sausage
How’d It Turn Out?
We hope this dinner was a hit at your house! Let us know how it went over! Snap a photo of your bruschetta gnocchi, and maybe even a video of the beautiful people you feed it to. Tag us on Instagram using @themodernproper and #themodernproper. Happy eating!