A shredded chicken taco feast is even easier to make than you think. Like, three ingredients easy. And one of those three ingredients is chicken, so you’re already a third of the way there by just knowing that you want to make chicken tacos. With this super-duper simple recipe, all you need to do is fire up your Instant Pot or Crock-Pot and then dinner is as easy as making sure you’ve got:
- Chicken breast. Boneless, skinless is our preference. Basic as can be!
- Salsa. Red salsa, preferably the kind that you find in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. Why? Because it’s fresher (duh) than the jarred stuff, and should have fewer preservatives and other scary ingredients (that’s why it needs to be refrigerated).
- Taco seasoning. If you’re a long-time TMP reader, you know that we’re pretty partial to our own homemade taco seasoning recipe, however it’s also totally fine to use store-bought packets of taco seasoning. Whatever floats your boat.
How Do You Make Chicken Tacos From Scratch?
The key to great chicken tacos is simple—make really good chicken! And that’s basically all you need to do to guarantee a delicious taco. Here’s how to make the easiest, best shredded chicken taco filling recipe ever:
- Put the chicken breasts in a slow-cooker with the salsa and some taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- When the chicken taco meat is done, use two forks to shred the chicken breasts.
- Put the shredded chicken back into the yummy juices that have collected in the Crock-Pot, and voila! Your shredded chicken taco filling is ready to go!
Psssst. This Crock-Pot Chicken Taco Filling Recipe Also Works For Making Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
That’s really all you need to know. Hey, Instant Pot people—you know we’re looking out for you, too! We’ve tested it, and this recipe works just as beautifully in your trusty pressure cooker as it does in a slow-cooker. So, enjoy!
It’s taco time, friends! Crock-Pot chicken tacos demand all of the classic taco night things, like:
- Guacamole, or even just slices of avocado.
- Your favorite store-bought tortillas—or, try homemade ones, if you’re really feeling bold.
- Pico de gallo. Homemade or store-bought.
More Ways To Use Taco Seasoning
If you’ve got taco seasoning, you’ve got so many terrific, fast meals right at your fingertips! Here are four that we’re loving right now:
You Mean Taco Night Can Be Even Easier?!
Uh, yep! Pretty much. Homemade chicken tacos have never tasted better or been easier to make. So, you’re going to try this recipe, right?! And when you do, tell us all about it, OK? Share a photo and tag us on Instagram using @themodernproper and #themodernproper so that we can see your stuff! Happy eating!