A Pizza Recipe To Welcome Spring.
I know you’re here to get the recipe for this delicious pea and prosciutto pizza with white pizza sauce, but first can we just talk about the weather? I’m so over this crazy winter, and am just sitting around counting down the days until we finally hit 60° for the first time this year!
I know I’m not alone. There are so many spring recipes I’m just dying to whip up, if only our weather would cooperate already! Recipes like this Spring Cobb Salad or Spring Asparagus Frittata With Crème Fraîche have me dreaming of warmer days. With daylight savings always comes a shift in what I make for dinner, and until it’s warm enough outside to grill, you’ll find me making lots of homemade pizza recipes with all sorts of springy toppings to ease us into the next season.
How Do You Make Pea and Prosciutto Pizza?
This homemade pizza recipe comes together quickly thanks to one of our all time favorite dinner time hacks: store bought pizza dough! Of course, if you have time you can always make the dough yourself, but there’s no shame in letting someone else do the work for you!
Let’s see how easy this prosciutto pizza is to make!
- Purchase the special ingredients you need for this dish: store bought pizza dough, parmesan, prosciutto, goat cheese, and fresh or frozen peas.
- Make a quick white sauce by melting butter, sauteing garlic, sprinkling flour, and adding some milk and seasoning.
- Roll the dough and add the toppings.
- Bake the pizza, eat and enjoy with friends and family.
- Thank the Lord that spring is here at last!
Tips For Making This Spring Pizza:
- Whether you buy store bought pizza dough or make your own, room temperature pizza dough will be much easier to work with, so we recommend letting your dough sit on the counter for at least an hour before working with it.
- Make your white pizza sauce ahead of time. It will keep for a few days in the refrigerator and makes throwing this pizza together a cinch thanks to the extra meal prep!
- Don’t thaw your frozen peas! If you add the peas to the pizza while they are still frozen, they will cook through in the oven, but will be prettier on the pizza (i.e. they won’t get all shrively).
- Add extra greens! Adding some pea shoots or arugula to the pizza after it’s been baked adds that additional bite of freshness and is a nice contrast to the rich and salty cheeses.
How To Make Pizza With Store Bought Dough:
Step 1. When you’re ready to make your homemade pizza recipe, you’ll want to first lightly flour a large cutting board or the surface of your clean counter. Everyone loves this part, so we encourage you to invite your kids, spouse, or dinner guests to grab an apron!
Step 2. Now that everyone is ready, you’re going to want to roll or stretch the dough. My kids LOVE to help by rolling the dough, although I prefer stretching it into a circle, because it yields a more fluffy and tender crust.
Step 4. Add your toppings and bake!
Where Can I Buy The Best Store Bought Pizza Dough?
Depending on what else is on my shopping list, I will typically grab the dough for my homemade pizza recipe at Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s. However, I recently discovered that our local pizza restaurant will also sell just the dough by itself. Because this dough comes all rolled out and ready to go, it gets my vote for the best store bought pizza dough! Ask around at your local pizza shops to see if anyone offers the same sweet deal! If not, no worries...any brand will work. (Even Winco sells a great prepared dough!)
Spring Recipes That Will Make You Forget All About Winter:
- This Baked Salmon with Grapefruit Salad is a beautiful way to usher in spring!
- Roasted Salmon with Spring Pesto is a delightful way to use fresh, seasonal (maybe farmers market) ingredients!
- Our Spring Salad With Barley and Lemon Chive Vinaigrette is so good...I BEG you to make this! It is one of my all-time favorite salad combos.
- Ham and Gruyere Grilled Cheese with Sweet Pea Spread might just become one of your new favorite spring recipes! It’s super simple and kid friendly to boot.
We want to see your spring pizzas in action!
When you make this pea and prosciutto pizza recipe with the best, silky-smooth white pizza sauce, we want to hear all about it! Snap a pic and post it to Instagram tagging @themodernproper and #themodernproper so we can admire your handiwork. Happy eating!