A Bacon Guacamole Burger So Good, You Won't Miss the Carbs!
We can promise you one thing about this ultra-flavorful keto burger: it’s so good, the lack of a carb-filled hamburger bun will be the furthest thing from your mind while devouring it! We’ve added so much flavor to this keto-friendly burger, even the most ardent of bread lovers will love it. The combination of perfectly seasoned beef, topped with smoky bacon, tangy guacamole, and fresh veggies for some added crunch simply can’t be beat! Or can it? We’ve added a mild jalapeño aioli and wrapped the entire juicy bacon burger in crispy iceberg lettuce for the perfect low-carb meal!
How to Make an Easy (and Really Tasty) Lettuce-Wrapped Burger:
The best thing about this low-carb bacon burger with guacamole is that it can be enjoyed anytime of the year. It’s perfect for grilling season or can just as easily be fried up on the stovetop when you have a hankering for a the world’s best Keto burger!
Make the Perfect Keto-Approved, Lettuce-Wrapped Burger in a Few Easy Steps:
- Cook some bacon.
- Generously season your ground beef.
- Whip up our jalapeño aioli and Guacamole (or use store-bought, because it’s okay to take short cuts once in a while).
- Add your veggies and wrap it all up in crisp lettuce (or go for that bun if you insist).
The result is one insanely satisfying low-carb, lettuce-wrapped bacon burger that you NEED in your life!
Homemade vs. Store Bought-Guacamole:
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that homemade guacamole will ALWAYS win over store-bought guac, but there are some benefits to taking this shortcut once in a while.
Here’s the pros and cons of both options:
- Homemade Guacamole: If you want the BEST tasting keto burger and have a few minutes to spare we HIGHLY recommend mixing up a batch of Homemade Guacamole using our favorite recipe. We love the hits of lime and nothing can beat the punchy flavors of fresh garlic and cilantro. It comes together quickly and really takes this keto-friendly burger to the next level!
- Store-Bought Guacamole: We'll be honest, we don't typically purchased store-bought guacamole. However, we are huge fans of cutting corners when it makes sense. And so, if making homemade guacamole vs. just buying it at the store is all that stands between you and making this bacon burger, then by all means go for it! We can say from times we’ve tasted it that preservatives like citric acid (which helps the store-bought stuff keep its pretty green color) can taste extra tangy. So be prepared for that.
Did You Say Jalapeño Aioli?
Why yes, yes we did. The addition of this aioli will add SO much flavor to your keto burger (not to mention a few macros!). This jalapeño aioli is a breeze to make and will be the best thing that has ever happened to your keto-friendly dinner table. If you have a hand-held immersion blender, you can just throw all the ingredients into a jar and blend away! If you don’t own one, simply throw everything into a standard blender or small food processor.
The flavors in this bold jalapeño aioli are unbeatable:
- Jalapeño (seeded)
It’s fresh, bold, creamy, and totally completes this bacon burger!
This is the *Perfect* Low-Carb Meal!
Speaking from our own experience on the ketogenic diet, we can promise you that this bacon burger with guacamole and jalapeño aioli makes the perfect low-carb meal for the following reasons:
- It’s high in good fats (thank you avocado, high-quality mayo and grass-fed beef!).
- By withholding the cheese, we’ve kept this burger lower in protein, making it truly keto friendly!
- You can easily add a bun to this bacon burger for anyone who isn’t livin' that low-carb lifestyle. This means that kids and dinner company can all enjoy a delicious meal along with you, whether they are watching their carbs, or not!
Need More Keto-Friendly Dinner Ideas?
Be sure to check out our recent round-up featuring The 20 BEST Low-Carb Recipes!
When this bacon burger with guacamole and jalapeño aioli makes it to your dinner table, be sure to post a pic to Instagram and tag @themodernproper and #themodernproper. We’d love to see how it turned out and fully expect to hear how much you loved it!