This post is in partnership with California Walnuts. All opinions are our own.
The “Monkeyiest” Monkey Bread Recipe (Also the Easiest!)
Sticky, cinnamon-y and dotted through with crunchy walnuts, this ultra-easy monkey bread recipe is a real sanity saver. Whether you need a last-minute brunchy treat or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up, this monkey bread recipe is a trusty one. Because we built it around store-bought biscuit dough, just like our moms did, the prep is almost zero. Biscuit dough is one of those wonderful things that is refrigerated and freezes really well, so using that shortcut here saves you time without sacrificing flavor in the slightest—who doesn’t love that?! Might we suggest you add this gooey, rich, nutty monkey bread recipe to your Christmas morning traditions—it’s got all the yummy, warmly-spiced goodness that we crave, but it’s simple enough that it won’t interfere with your very important plan to have a really lazy Christmas day. Win, win!
Everything You’ll Need To Make Monkey Bread
Just seven ingredients are all you need to make our vanilla-walnut monkey bread recipe! You might even have most of this stuff on-hand already, which is the best case scenario -especially at the holidays. Here’s everything you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Chopped walnuts. Take note! To keep your walnuts really nice and fresh, store them in the fridge after purchase. And if you’re not planning to use them right away, store them in the freezer. More on storage can be found here.
- Refrigerated biscuit dough
- Salted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
Three Reasons We Love Walnuts
We really love walnuts, and there’s something about their satisfying crunch and slight richness that makes them especially suited to the holidays. They always find their way into our holiday baking, and this monkey bread recipe is no exception. Here are a few of the reasons we love them:
- Their soft texture makes them perfect for baking, especially when the baking is pillowy, buttery monkey bread!
- While great for baking, their mild flavor makes them a great source of protein and fiber for savory dishes as well. A great example of this is our Walnut Bolognese!
- Lastly, with all their nutritional benefits and almost sweet flavor, we love them most just on their own. The perfect any-time-of-day snack if you ask us.
How To Make Monkey Bread with Walnuts and Vanilla
Our monkey bread recipe has a bit of a shake-n-bake vibe, and honestly we’re kind of into it. Shaking the biscuit pieces with cinnamon sugar is also a fun job for little hands, so go ahead and get the kids involved if you feel like it! This recipe is pretty hard to mess up, so it’s a good one for the whole family. Here’s how to make vanilla-walnut monkey bread!
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces
- Toss the dough with cinnamon sugar to coat
- Layer the dough, then walnuts, then dough, then walnuts into a buttered Bundt pan
- Melt butter and stir in brown sugar and vanilla
- Pour that mixture over the layered dough and walnuts
- Bake! about 35 minutes.
- Cool and serve!
Tools You’ll Need :
More Easy Holiday Baking Recipes To Try!
- Crinkle Cookies with Peppermint Cream
- Gingerbread Loaf
Don’t Even Monkey Around With Other Monkey Bread Recipes
Because it just doesn’t get much easier or more delicious than this! Try this vanilla-walnut monkey bread recipe, and let us know how you like it, OK? Share a photo and tag us on Instagram using @themodernproper and #themodernproper so that we can see your stuff! Happy eating!