Simple Dinners for Every Day
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- 2.5 pounds russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces and cooked
- 16 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup pico de gallo or salsa
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Pickled or raw jalapeño sliced
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread the sliced potatoes out on the baking sheet and using a paper towel, pat them dry. Drizzle them with the olive oil.
In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and salt. Sprinkle the spices over the potatoes and toss until evenly coated. Spread the potatoes out in a single layer, with as little overlap as possible.
Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove the potatoes from the oven and sprinkle the potatoes with the cheese and cooked bacon. Place back in the oven until the cheese is completely melted, about 3-5 more minutes.
Top with sour cream, salsa, green onions and jalapeños.