Simple Dinners for Every Day
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 anchovy filets, roughly chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup avocado oil, or other neutral oil
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until glistening. Add in the panko bread crumbs and toss to combine, spread in an even layer. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often until breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a narrow jar add egg yolks, anchovies, garlic, 1 tbsp of the lemon juice and salt. Set an immersion blender in the jar and blend without lifting or tilting until combined, about 30 seconds. In a steady stream slowly add in the oil keeping the blender flat on the bottom of the jar. If the dressing gets too thick, slowly lift the blender up to incorporate the remaining oil. Add in the remaining lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and black pepper and blend until combined.
In a large bowl toss the lettuce with the dressing along with half of the grated Parmesan cheese. Top with bread crumbs, remaining Parmesan and freshly cracked pepper to serve.